Friday, June 24, 2016

Always

Long after the pain has ceased
Long after every phone call stops making my heart skip a beat
Long after I stop trying to read what you're feeling ever time our eyes meet
Long after the sleepless nights cease
Long after I stop spending my days torn between the wish to stay and the need to flee
Long after I stop giving myself pep-talks about breaking free
Long after I stop wondering what we could have been
Long after I stop the urge to steal a glance every time you walk by
Long after I've forgotten how your touch felt
Long after time erases the memory of your face the first time we kissed
Long after I stop talking to you when I'm alone
Long after every song stops being about you and me
Long after I actually give up on this crazy dream
Long after the chaos finally calms down, I'll still be weighed down by the words left unsaid..

No comments:

Post a Comment